Qualification : Ph.D, MFDSRCS (UK), MDS, FICOI (USA), BDS
Experience : 8 years
Dr. Khadar Vali Shaik is a highly qualified well trained Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with over eight years of experience in his specialty. He attained his doctorate (Ph.D) and dental degrees (MDS) in maxillofacial surgery from the prestigious medical institutes of India before further training in implantology and maxillofacial trauma. Having completed higher OMFS training, he attained a US Certificate of fellowship and training in dental implantogy from the prestigious International Congress of Oral Implantology (FICOI). He also holds a diploma of Membership of Royal college of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (MFDSRCPS). He has expertise in a wide range of surgeries related to the head & neck, specifically oral and facial trauma with, benign and malignant salivary gland surgery, and orthognathic and sleep apnea surgeries.
He is extremely proficient in complex dental extractions, the management of oral lesions, cysts, and masses, as well as sinus/bone augmentation and dental implant placement. He has provided his expertise at several leading hospitals in Saudi Arabia and India for over a decade before joining Burjeel Holdings. He also regularly attends international conferences and specialized training courses to keep his knowledge up to date. He is well-published in the medical literature and is a reviewer for the many Journals of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. He has also recently authored a book chapter in a leading international orthognathic surgery textbook.
- Craniomaxillofacial Surgery
- Maxillofacial Trauma
- Maxillofacial Pathology
- Minor Oral Surgery
- Orthognathic and Facial Esthetic Surgery
- Minor Oral Surgery and
- Complex Rehabilitative and Reconstructive Facial Surgery
- Oral and Dental Implantolgy
- Minimal Invasive and Advanced Facial Trauma Management
- Fellow and Member of International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Diplomat of Membership of Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- Indian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Affiliate Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- Saudi Commission of Health Society
- Dubai Health Authority
Research & Publications:
- Pre-operative assessment of anatomical position of inferior alveolar nerve and its significance in bilateral sagittal split osteotomy. Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery.
- Tissue engineered Maxillofacial skeletal defect reconstruction by 3D printed β-TCP scaffold tethered with growth factors and Fibrin glue implanted autologous bone marrow-derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells.
- Lasers in maxillofacial surgery – review of literature. journal of pharma and bioallied sciences. J Pharm BioallSci
- Immediate versus delayed loading of implants- a clinical experience and review 2021 Advances in Human Biology.
- The Versatility of Double-Layered Closure Using the Pedicled Buccal Fat Pad and Reherman Buccal Advancement Flap in the Reconstruction of Oro-Antral Defects a Prospective Clinical Study. Clinics in Surgery
- Significance of Three-Dimensional Printed Beta Tri Calcium Phosphate Scaffold as an Adjuvant to Bone Reconstruction of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Defects as a Future Facet in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Reconstruction. Annals of International Medical and Dental Research.
- A comparative study between intraoral external oblique ridge fixation with transbuccal lateral cortical plate fixation for treatment of mandibular angle fractures, a prospective study. Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Doi:10.15761/OHNS.1000167 http://www.oatext.com/
- Pre-prosthetic Surgery: Review of Literature, IJSS Case Reports & Reviews |
- Conscious Sedation in Minor Oral Surgery with Midazolam IV Versus Nasal Spray a Comparative Study, journal of dental and craniofacial research.
- “Mysoistisossificanstraumatica” treatment protocol and review. IJSS Case Reports & Reviews
- Management of Nasolacrimal-Cutaneous Fistula – A Maxillofacial Review and Sharing Experience, Annals of International Medical and Dental Research.
- Orbital floor reconstruction following orbital blow out fracture – A case report, IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences.
- The management of tmjankylosis a complete review. International journal of scientific research.
- Ludwig’s Angina – case reports and concepts of therapy, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery