The Department of Physiotherapy at Burjeel Hospital – Al Khuwair Muscat offers specialized
care delivered by expert international staff in a compassionate and outcome-based approach.
We have a team of committed and professional experts, using evidence-based approach to
provide highest level of care to help our guests achieve their maximum functional potential.
Our Physiotherapy Department provides comprehensive scope of services to our guests in acute
settings including Accident & Emergency Department, Intensive Care Units as well as support
- Back Pain Management
- Arthritis Management
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Shoulder Pain
- Neck Pain
- Pre and Post-Surgical Physiotherapy
- Temporo Mandibular Joint Pain
- Musculo-skeletal rehabilitation of upper & lower limbs
- Spinal Rehabilitation Program.
Women’s health program:
- Developmental training program & early infant stimulation
- Rehabilitation of Cerebral Palsy children
- Erb’s Palsy
- Growing Pain
- Gait variations
- Hip Dysplasia
- Torticolis etc
Chest physiotherapy & cardiopulmonary care:
- Antenatal & post-natal program for pregnant women
- Pregnancy Related Incontinence and Muscle weakness and Back pain
- Pelvic floor re-training and exercises
- Internal manual therapy techniques to relax the pelvic floor muscles including
- Trigger point release
- Myo-fascial stretches
- Scar massage
- Neural mobilizations.
- Myo-fascial release of the connective tissue of the abdomen, hips and pelvis which
support the pelvic floor.
- Clear excessive secretion
- Expand collapsed lung segment
- Prevent chest complications e.g. in pre & post-operative cases
- Facilitate weaning of ventilators e.g. in NICU, PICU, AICU, CCU, MICU
- Improving general cardiopulmonary function & physical fitness.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Conditions treated through geriatric physical therapy include osteoporosis, arthritis, alzheimers
disease, joint replacement, hip replacement.
Sports injury prevention & rehabilitation:?
- Reduce pain
- Improve sensation, joint proprioception
- Increase overall fitness through exercise programs
- Suggest assistive devices to promote independence
- Recommend adaptations to make the person's home accessible and safe
- Prevent further decline in functional abilities through education, energy conservation
techniques, joint protection
- Increase, restore or maintain range of motion, physical strength, flexibility, coordination,
balance and endurance
- Teach positioning, transfers, and walking skills to promote maximum function and
independence within the person's capability
- Anterior cruciate ligament tears
- Mensical injury of the knee
- Shoulder dislocations
- Ankle sprains
- Overuse injuries
- Muscle sprain and strains
We are using the best available machines and equipments in treating our clients which include
Chattanooga TriTon DTS Traction
- Combimed( which include Ultrasound Therapy, Laser Light Therapy, Electro-Therapy,
- Continuous Passive Motion(CPM)
- Duodynator Muscle Stimulator
- Parallel Bars
- Other Gait Training Devices
- Hydrocollator Baths
- Short Wave Diathermy
- Dickson Paraffin Wax Bath
- Tumble Forms
- A vast exercise area with ultramodern weight cuffs, dumbells, Quadriceps chairs and
balance training equipment.
- A wide range of thera-bands, kinesiology tapes, resistance bands, resistance tubes, wands,
puttys, exercise balls, balance trainers etc
The reputation of a hospital is built on the quality of medical care provided. Hence, stringent standards are in place to recruit world-class medical professionals. Our panel of highly qualified doctors have trained extensively in leading hospitals around the world and possess internationally recognized degrees from Europe, USA and other continents. Combined with state-of-the-art technology, the team delivers exemplary care and treatment following the highest international standards and protocols.