Internal medicine at Burjeel Hospital is fully established with experienced clinicians to both prevent and manage general illnesses, specific conditions, injuries and chronic ailments of men and women.
With specialized and highly medical staff running bookable clinic appointments, Burjeel Hospital provides the following internal, or general medicine sub-specialties:
- Adolescent medicine
- Focuses on care of patients during the adolescent period, usually the teenage years, of development.
- Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Dealing with the diagnosis, treatment and management of allergies and asthma and disorders of the immunology system.
- Dealing with disorders of the heart and blood vessels.
- Critical care medicine
- For the treatment of patients with, or at risk of, or recovering from potentially life threatening body systems failure and the investigation, diagnosis and treatment of acute illness.
- Dealing with disorders of the endocrine system and its specific secretions called hormones.
- Dealing with the field of digestive diseases.
- Geriatric medicine
- The specialty focused on the care of older people living with frailty, who have multiple conditions and complex care needs.
- Dealing with blood, the blood-forming organs and its disorders.
- Infectious diseases
- Dealing with diseases caused by a biological agent such as by a virus, bacterium or parasite.
- Interventional cardiology
- Dealing specifically with the catheter based treatment of structural heart diseases
- Dealing with disorders of the nervous system and with the diagnosis and treatment of all categories of conditions and disease involving the central and peripheral nervous system.
- Dealing with the function and diseases of the kidney.
- Dealing with diseases of the lungs and the respiratory tract.
- Dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases, their causes and pathology.
- Sleep medicine
- Dealing with the investigation and treatment of sleeping disorders, including snoring, mild insomnia and sleep apnoea, including sleep studies in the hospital's dedicated sleep laboratory.
- Sports medicine
- Dealing with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of injuries that occur during sports and other exercise-related and physical activity.
The reputation of a hospital is built on the quality of medical care provided. Hence, stringent standards are in place to recruit world-class medical professionals. Our panel of highly qualified doctors have trained extensively in leading hospitals around the world and possess internationally recognized degrees from Europe, USA and other continents. Combined with state-of-the-art technology, the team delivers exemplary care and treatment following the highest international standards and protocols.